School of Education is looking for TA’s for the following course –
Course: Edu 065A – Foundations for University Success: Introduction to the University System – Introduction to resources supporting first year students’ academic success at UCD and transition to a Tier 1 Research University.
There are multiple sections that meet on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday from 10-11, 11-12, 1-2 and 2-3
These classes are designed specifically for incoming freshman and transfer international students.
TA’s responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and running two class sections twice a week (4 hours)
- Attending required weekly TA meeting (12-1 Tuesday or Wednesday TBD) (1 hour)
- Holding two office/library hours per week TBD (2 hours)
- Class preparation (1 hour)
- Other duties, such as grading homework, attending events with Peer Mentors and students, etc. (2 hours)
- Attending required orientation on Friday, September 28 – please let us know ASAP if you have Friday classes
- Attend required end of quarter meeting (December 7, 2-3 hours, meeting TBD)
Preferred background: Preference will be given to students who have a degree in TESOL/TESL, Education or other related teaching field. International travel/teaching experience such as study abroad or peace corps and/or second language is a plus.
Hiring for Fall Quarter only. This program runs all three quarters, but traditionally Fall is the largest and I need twice as many TA’s. If enrollment stays high there is a possibility of work in additional quarters.
Hiring for 25% TAs – possibility of higher percentage if more sections are needed
Applications open until filled; early application is recommended. International students must include proof of language proficiency requirement.