Theatres of Revolution: ATHE Boston, MA, Aug 1-5, 2018

By

Dear ATHE Members,

As many enter the first days of the 2017-18 school year amidst political turmoil and campus demonstrations, I write to send updates on the proposal processes for the ATHE 2018 Conference in Boston, Massachusetts, centering on the theme: Theatres of Revolution: Performance, Pedagogy, and Protest.

The online applications will be available at ATHE.org in mid-September, with all applications for sessions and ATHE grants due by November 1, 2017.

A color PDF with the full Call for Proposals for ATHE 2018 is available (here). General Proposal Information and FAQs Sheets are also available for both sessions (here) and grants (here). Please circulate the handouts to anyone who might be interested in proposing to present and/or attending the conference.

I share these FAQs sheets in hopes they will help you plan and prepare your applications in advance of the proposals going up on the website in mid-September. Please don’t hestitate to contact me if you have any questions that are not addressed in these attachments. You may write me at conf2018@athe.org.

I sincerely look forward to your upcoming proposals and to planning this year’s conference with you!

Very best,

Ann M. Shanahan
Vice President for Conference 2018