THREE FULBRIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1) Regional Highlights: Opportunities to Europe and Eurasia
Each month leading up to the August 1 deadline, program staff will be sharing specific awards that they’d like Scholar Liaisons to know about. Think of them as mini, digestible, regional summaries for quick dissemination and consideration for you and your faculty:
Europe and Eurasia
Europe and Eurasia is the largest regional program in the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program, offering over 250 awards across the region. Throughout Europe and Eurasia award opportunities, applicants can propose to teach, complete research, or pursue a combination of both at prestigious higher education institutions and research institutions. Our Europe and Eurasia Regional Highlights webpage provides further information, and a recent webinar entitled, “What’s New in Europe” showcases a variety of our awards for this year.
Highlighted awards in the Europe and Eurasia region for the 2018-2019 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program include:
Award highlights in Europe:
- Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair in Business and Economics,Finland
- Fulbright-IMéRA-Aix-Marseille Université Chair in Migration Studies, France, new award!
- Telecommunications with a Focus on Physical Technologies, Ireland
- Fulbright-Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Romania
- Economics, Business and Tourism at Universidad de La Laguna, Spain new award!
Award highlights in Eurasia:
- Distinguished Chair in Sustainable Development, Russia
- All Disciplines, Cyprus
- English Language and Contemporary American Literature, Kosovo
- All Disciplines, Armenia
- Rule of Law, Judiciary Reform and Civil Society, Macedonia
Awards in multiple countries:
Fulbright-Schuman 70th Anniversary Migration Research Award, European Union, new award!
2) IIE at NAFSA
I look forward to seeing some of you this week at the Liaison Workshop taking place at Loyola Marymount University!
For institutions who are sending liaisons to NAFSA, please stop by the Department of State Exchanges booth (#713) for your participating institution pin! Additional information will also be available regarding IIE’s Reception on Wednesday, May 31st at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.
Specifically on June 1, there are two events that we would also like to bring to your attention:
Enhance Your Professional Development Through the Fulbright International Education Administrators Seminars Session at NAFSA: The Fulbright International Education Administrators Seminars provide U.S. international education professionals with opportunities to gain in-depth knowledge about participating countries and establish lasting connections. Learn about the components of a successful application from former participants.
Fulbright Student Advisor and Scholar Liaison Overview with Commission Directors: This event will provide an overview of resources and best practices for creating a Fulbright culture on campus. FPAs and Scholar Liaisons will participate in program specific trainings and provided with information/tips on general campus engagement. Commission Directors will be on hand to discuss information, trends, and preferences for their specific countries. Lunch will be provided.
3) Fulbright Opportunities for International Education Administrators
Fulbright’s International Education Administrators (IEA) seminars help U.S. international education professionals and senior higher education officials create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of other countries. Grantees have the opportunity to learn about the host country’s education system as well as establish networks of U.S. and international colleagues over the course of an intensive two-week grant duration. Grantees return with an enhanced ability to serve and encourage international students and prospective study-abroad students.
The following IEA awards are currently open:
- India– Deadline: August 1, 2017
- Taiwan– Deadline: August 1, 2017
- Community College Administrators Seminar in Russia– Deadline: October 16, 2017
- Japan– Deadline: November 1, 2017
- Korea– Deadline: November 1, 2017
- France– Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Germany– Deadline: February 1, 2018
Join IIE for a webinar on June 2 at 2pm EST to learn more about the IEA seminars. The webinar will include an overview of these opportunities and the application process. In addition, attendees will hear about past grantees’ experiences and can ask questions about the programs. Register today to attend!