Our primary inquiries will be:
- What does a contemporary analysis of capital look like?
- What is our relation to capital as grad students?
- Given our positionality, how can we engage in and theorize about struggles in the present?
- How can we imagine resistance against capital as we enter the 21st century?
- Who is doing that work?
- Where do genealogies of critical theory position themselves in relation to contemporary capital and the labor of resistance?
Readings will be provided. We will be meeting twice a month, Friday afternoons, from 12 PM – 2 PM, Hart Hall 3104. Please find more information in the attached flyers.
If you are interested in coming to our first meeting next quarter (Jan. 13), please join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ucdanti-cap-studies