Urban Research Theater | September 2016

By
Urban Research Theater — 27 September 2016
View this email in your browser

Dear friends,

I am writing to let you know about Urban Research Theater’s current open call for two embodied/artistic researchers to work closely with me on the Judaica project from May to October 2017.

Each position pays £13K for six months of full-time work, with expenses covered during research presentation trips in the UK, US, and Poland. The Judaica project is supported by a UK Arts & Humanities Research Council Leadership Fellowship. You can find more details here or go directly to the online application here. The deadline for applications is 31 October.

I would be grateful if you could forward this information to skilled body-voice practitioners and networks — especially those that have experience working in experimental ways with issues and practices of cultural identity and heritage.

A few additional updates:

• Please join me for another iteration of the STAR open vocal installation at the Emergency day-long performance festival in Manchester this Saturday.

• A video of my keynote talk at the second annual Martial Arts Studies Conference in Cardiff ("Embodied Research: An Epistemic Context for Martial Arts Practice") should soon be available here. My upcoming talks at Maynooth University in Ireland and the University of the Arts in Helsinki will focus on strategies for decolonizing embodied research.

• Scholars, you can find my recent writing in the Journal of Interdisciplinary Voice Studies 1.2 and in a forthcoming book on Documenting Performance edited by Toni Sant. Watch for pieces coming out over the next year in Contemporary Theatre Review and Performance Philosophy and a book on Performance as Research that I’m co-editing with Annette Arlander, Bruce Barton, and Melanie Dreyer-Lude.

• Finally, look out for the new peer-reviewed, video-based, open access Journal of Embodied Research, launching in early 2017 from Open Library of the Humanities! I am working now as editor with an illustrious advisory board to develop initial guidelines for the submission of video articles.

Warm wishes to each of you as the skies darken this autumn. Stay on track with your work, hug your loved ones tight, and find ways to bind your ethics to your politics.

With love,

Ben Spatz
Huddersfield UK

color-twitter-48.png
color-facebook-48.png
color-link-48.png
Copyright © 2016 Urban Research Theater, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you expressed interest in or been affiliated with Urban Research Theater or the Judaica Project.

Our mailing address is:
Urban Research TheaterUniversity of Huddersfield
Queensgate
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 3DH United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

open.php?u=5c696b8264cc57d891f40bf83&id=de709e88a3&e=6420130773