INVITATION: 2017 Summer Symposium at SFAI – June 17/18

By

From Sampada Aranke

Dear UC Davis Colleagues-

I just wanted to drop you a quick note, on behalf of myself and my colleague Nicole Archer, inviting you and any of your students or interested colleagues to join us for SFAI’s annual Summer Symposium entitled Stimulus Packages: Politics, Pleasure Aesthetics (or full details, see link and images below).

Nicole and I organized this year’s event and we’re really excited about the topic, the speakers, and the opportunity that it will hopefully give everyone to spend a couple days thinking about the intersections of pleasure, politics, and aesthetics — under the shadow of an upcoming Presidential election (and all its attending, hyper-moralizing rhetoric).

There is a $20 registration fee, but we would happily waive it for you or any of the folks in your network:

DISCOUNT CODE: SPFRIEND

Please feel free to share the code liberally; it’s more important that we have a robust discussion and an exciting audience (vs. breaking even on the cost of the catering, etc.).

We just ask that you (or yours) officially register via the link below and that folks let us know if things change ASAP. Both days will also be fully catered, so we need to have an accurate attendee list:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/summer-sympsoium-stimulus-packages-politics-pleasure-aesthetics-tickets-25494299135

If you have any questions — do not hesitate to reach out.

Hopefully you and/or some of the folks from your department will be able to join us! It’s been too long since I saw some of you and I’d love the excuse to see you in SF.

Best,
Nicole (and Sam)
narcher
saranke