ASTR’s 2016 Conference Proposal Process is Now Open

By
American Society for Theatre Research

Dear Lynette,

We are excited to announce that the proposal process for ASTR’s 2016 conference in Minneapolis is officially open. The link below will direct you to the conference page where you can read an expanded call for plenary papers, curated panels, and working sessions on this year’s theme, "Trans-." This year we are moving to an online submission process and you will find links to the different proposal forms on that same conference page. Thanks very much to Emily Fairall and Erin Babarskis at Ewald for their work developing this new online process.

I am very excited to begin my work as ASTR’s Vice President for Conferences. As I do, I want to thank Patrick Anderson for his tremendous leadership in this role over the last three years and for his incredible support in transitioning me into the position. I also want to thank the 2016 Program Chairs, Jennifer Parker-Starbuck and Josh Abrams, for all the work they have accomplished already. In particular, I appreciate how they have chosen a theme that invites a variety of voices into the conference and also assembled a Program Committee that reflects the diversity of ASTR’s membership. I especially applaud how Jen and Josh have embraced ASTR’s commitment to creating an inclusive conference program that promotes, supports, and features work by, about, and with under-represented groups. I look forward to supporting their efforts over the coming year.

Please visit ASTR’s conference page to see the call for our 2016 conference: Click here to view proposal details and forms. The deadline for plenary session, curated panel, and working session proposals is February 1st.

I look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis next November.

Jill Stevenson
Vice President for Conferences

© 2015 American Society for Theatre Research
1000 Westgate Drive, Suite 252
St. Paul, MN 55114 USA
Phone: info
Username: lhunter | Reset Password | Manage Email Preferences