Print Radio – competition + guest lecture 10/6

By

from: James Housefield

I want to share with all of you the "Print Radio" competition, sponsored by Capital Public Radio.
Here’s the url for the call on CPR’s website, deadline October 11 @ 11:59 PM. Attached please find the press release that further describes the design competition, and the key art for this year’s design call. There are separate categories for students and professionals.

For last year’s Capital Public Radio "Drink Radio" Design competition, DES001 students participated very successfully – half of the finalists came from our class. Again this year, a series of homework and in-class assignments ask the students to apply the design process to generate iterations that might feed into their final designs for this competition. I’m writing to challenge you to enlist your students to join in the competition, too. There is no entry fee, it can help a student to generate portfolio material, and the finalists’ work will be featured in an exhibition. Hot Italian restaurant, strong supporters of art and design in our region, are at the heart of promoting this year’s event.

Sofia Lacin and Hennessy Christophel, the team behind Sacramento’s LC Studio Tutto, will visit DES001 on Oct. 6 to speak about their design process, particularly as it applies to public art (like ongoing projects in Sacramento, or the water tower in SE Davis @ I-80’s Mace exit). Additionally, they will speak from the juror’s perspective to give the students insight into what they look for when jurying a competition like this.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.
Also, feel free to contact Sofia Lacin at the email above, and see the work of LC Studio Tutto at lcstudiotutto.com, online.

I look forward to seeing everyone soon!
James (Jim) Housefield

uc?export=download&id=0B5zi8943slgZNHo4LWxMZEpnbjQ&revid=0B5zi8943slgZejVCZElJdEQwVndaMjZDei82dlBPMm9RNHFZPQ

CapRadio Release – Call to Artists 8-17-15 (1) (1) (1).doc