Not for graduates, but gives a good idea of the range of scholarship in the field:
Due to the expansion of C-DaRE (U Coventry) we are able to offer a number of fully and partially funded full-time PhD studentships for highly motivated postgraduates wanting to undertake research that aligns with one of our research themes:
- Publication of choreographic thinking, which takes account of the recent developments in collaborations between the dance and science communities
- Development of new (digital) visualisations for the analysis, documentation and dissemination of intangible cultural heritage with a focus on dance;
- Exploration of somatic body-based practices and their intersection with new technologies to enhance understanding of the body in society and culture
- Research that explores the intersections between dance and other disciplinary fields to explore questions of authorship, ownership and identity in dance
- Inclusive dance practices and pedagogy; the visibility of dancers with disabilities within the professional dance environment
- Transcultural and intercultural identity in dance
- Audience engagement and reception in dance
- Different sites and environments for making, performing and rethinking dance
- The (dancing) body in relationship to surrounding objects and spaces.
- Dance and wellbeing.
(Interdisciplinary themes that focus on dance in relation to another discipline may also be considered subject to supervisory support being available).
To apply online, please visit: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/research/research-students/how-to-apply/
Applicants will need to complete an application form and covering letter, plus submit a 2000-word proposal addressing one of the research themes above.
Applications are welcomed from home/EU and international students.
MODERN UNIVERSITY OF THE YEAR 2014 and 2015
Source: The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014/2015
This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.
Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.